Thursday, March 31, 2011

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton Book Review


Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Publisher:  HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books

Publication Date: February 15, 2011

Pages:  464

Interest:  Series (Angelfire book 1)


Challenge: 2011 Debut Author Challenge

Synopsis:  This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action.
When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.
A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.
While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.


            Superb novel and it surpassed my expectations. I was so glued up since the beginning and I can’t put it down. Every scene is very compelling and it’s a one whole pack set of coolness that I could rate to be my top favorites. Firsts is the kick-butt female lead which is what I love to most female lead characters, who doesn’t need to be rescued by their male partner. Second is the extra ordinary plot. Third is the lead male character that’ll get a lot of swooning girls. Fourth is the ever so cool friends and best friends, and cool parties.

            The plot goes into a normal pace although sometimes it gets a little to fast. It’s very thrilling, full of and sometimes it contains humor that makes me laugh so loud in the middle of the night. The writing style was undeniably very clear and every action scenes knocks me off my seat. Every stages of the plot are very hard to guess and I was surprised to find out few secrets that I wasn’t prepared to find out. I love how the climax scene goes and how gradually it was reduced to a normal paced and ended not in a cliff hanger ending but with a fiery action.

            Ellie’s life was described to be a typical teenage life. She has a best friend who could always understand her and friends that’s always there especially on their social events. I love her Mom; she’s a one cool chick for a mom which is a total opposite of her dad. She has a typical state of life with a not so typical responsibility. And I love Will, I fell in love with him from the first time he was described and I knew instantly that he’s the swoon target in this book.

            I most certainly love to have the sequels right now because Angelfire is my new addiction.

Plot:
Writing:
Characters:
Ending:
Cover:
Overall:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails