Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough



Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Publication Date: August 1, 2011

Pages: 288

Interest: Series (Witch book 2)

Challenge: None

Synopsis: The adventures of Tam and Gabriel continue with more time travel, Talents, spy work, and of course, the evil Knights.
Since the gripping conclusion of Once A Witch, Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.




            I love it and this book appealed to me more than the first instalment does. And I can say that this book is way better and more exciting to read due its unexpected twist and turns than the first book. It’s a page turner and its 288 pages are still not enough for me and I’m still aiming for more.

            I feel so agitated at times to know more about the next scenes to come and it made me so excited to keep on turning on the pages. It’s hard to guess at times what could happen furthermore and sometimes it leaves me into an intersection of questions of where could the story take me. And I also love the time travelling part, especially when Tamsin travelled back in the Victorian era. It compromises trilling, suspense and action scenes that also piqued my attention.

            Tamsin had been a lovable character in the first book, but  in this instalment I got to know her more and see that she’d come to be matured enough to realize the answers to all the questions that have been bugging her. I’ve been able to dig more to know the side of the antagonists and I’m happy to finally be enlighten how crook they are.

            I truly enjoyed reading this book and I hope there could be more to the series because I really am in love with the series. 

Plot:
Writing:
Characters:
Ending:
Uniqueness:
Cover:
Overall: 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails