Saturday, March 26, 2011

Keys to the Demon Prison Book Review


Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull

Publisher:  Shadow Mountain Publishing

Publication Date: March 23, 2010

Pages: 593

Interest:  Series (Fablehaven book 5)

Synopsis:  Since ancient times, the great demon prison Zzyzx has protected the world from the most dangerous servants of darkness, including Gorgrog, the Demon King. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx is on the verge of recovering the five artifacts necessary to open the legendary prison. Facing the potential of a world-ending calamity, all friends of light must unite in a final effort to thwart the Sphinx s designs and find a safe home for the five artifacts. To this end, Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn will venture far beyond the walls of Fablehaven to strange and exotic magical preserves across the globe, where the end of every quest becomes the beginning of another. In this explosive series finale, allegiances will be confirmed and secrets revealed as the forces of light and darkness collide in a desperate struggle to control the keys to the demon prison.

               
            I can say that this is my favorite book in the series, because most of the adventures took place outside Fablehaven. I get to see the vulnerable side of the Phoenix and I get to learn his secret of immortality. And unicorns were introduced, one of my favorite myth creatures. And that includes Bracket, a hottie and a super handsome guy who has a crush on Kendra. I can’t help but swoon for this fictional guy.

            And as for Seth, he’s always the trouble maker from the beginning, but without his over curiosity, I won’t get to see that fantastic adventure that was etched on those pages and it won’t have a magnificent ending to this series.

            It’s too bad it’s the last book in the series and I’m gonna miss all the characters I’ve come to love. I wish Bandon will write another series about Kendra and Seth’s adventure in it. I always thought back on the ending of the book and I’m not yet satisfied with it and I want to see more. I want to see a happy ending for Kendra and Bracken. The ending just revealed a lot of loose ends in it and maybe it’s a start for a new series that we don’t know yet if the author has plans about it.

            It’s a perfect read for all ages even if this book was intended for children audiences. I would recommend it to everyone and for sure you’ll enjoy it. 


Plot:
Writing:
Characters:
Ending:
Cover:
Overall:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails