Saturday, December 11, 2010

LAST SACRIFICE BY RICHELLE MEAD BOOK REVIEW



Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead


Publisher: Penguin Group

Publication Date: December 7, 2010

Pages: 594

Series: Vampire Academy book 6

Age Bracket: Young Adult

Synopsis: Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules.
She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come.
Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.
But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?


I just closed the book a few seconds ago when I started to write this review. After I’ve read the last word in the book and closed it I was so shaken and speechless. It’s not because I didn’t like how it ended but because it went on the opposite way. It’s marvelous! And right now I was close to tears because the series that I’m so obsessed and eager to read has come to an end. Well not yet official since we will still be waiting for the spin-off series as Richelle had promised. But I’m just sad because I have to say goodbye to Rose’s perspective. I’m going to miss being inside her head and listening to her frantic and sometimes stubborn thoughts.

            I still can’t shake it off and right now, all the details and scenes from the book are replaying inside my mind. I love how Richelle brought this wonderful series to its conclusion. Well, technically it’s been a little bit predictable from were it ended in Spirit Bound, like finding the illegitimate sibling of Lissa and uncover the mystery of who really killed the former Queen. But I can’t hide the fact that I really had fun devouring this book. Some scenes happened outside the court which of course it projected more adventure and action, and some parts took place inside the Court were Rose’s friends helped solved the mystery of who killed the Queen and where the political issues took place. It’s fast paced which I really like, because it doesn’t bore me. And as always, there’s the unexpected twist that adds flavor to the story.

            I’m very happy that the revelation for most of the major characters turn out pretty well, except that I felt sad for some of the minor characters who were not given justice and there’s still loose ends to their situation. But I can see that it’s a clue for the spin-off series and I have something to look forward to.

            Vampire Academy is one of my top favorite series of all time, because most of the things I love were jammed into this series like action, mystery politics, friendship, honor, supernatural powers, heroic and tough protagonist, gorgeous characters, unexpected twists and forbidden and tragic romance. And really this series is EPIC. And Last Sacrifice lived to my expectations and I’m happy for it.

            So if you haven’t grabbed your copy of Last Sacrifice, please don’t hesitate and head now to the nearest bookstore. And if you haven’t started the series, well don’t wait before it’s too late, start reading it now and get yourself obsessed with Rose’s world. 

Plot:
Writing:
Characters:
Ending:
Cover:
Overall:






1 comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

great review. I can not wait to read this book!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails