Tuesday, November 16, 2010

HALO BY ALEXANDRA ADORNETTO


Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Publication Date: August 31, 2010

Pages: 496

Series: Halo book 1

Synopsis: Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings.
But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls in love with the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him? Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There′s a new kid in town and he′s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he′s after Beth.


I was so intrigued about this book when I found out that it was written by a teenager so I eagerly read it. This book is about angels, and it is one of my favorite mythical or celestial creatures in a book so that is a plus point for this book for me to enjoy. While I’m starting to flip through the pages, I was expecting that the author will use shallow words to describe the scenes, but when my eyes have finally settled into the pages, I realized that my assumptions were wrong. Alexandra finely selected the vocabulary to describe each and every scene perfectly. Honestly, if I haven’t known that the author is a teenager, I might think that it was written by an adult author.

Although the story is semi-slow paced and very predictable, it is still well written and well described in all of its aspect. I could picture every scene perfectly. Especially on the part of the characters, their personalities and physical appearances were carefully described.

I love Xavier woods. He was described as a perfect gentleman that every girl will swoon. I can picture him as a pretty boy with a sporty look. And best of all I love his personality and his overview on things and issues, it’s like he’s thinking like a 25 year old man. Especially how he defines true love and how he shows it to Beth. And I admire their love for each other, especially when the S word comes to the picture and how they deal with it.

Every thread on the story was neatly made-up for the conclusion part of the story. And I love how it was brought to a some kind of a climatic ending which was just etched on a single paragraph that left me to wonder for the next book.

So if you want to uplift your souls and fall in love, this is the right book for you.


Plot:
Writing:
Characters:
Ending:
Cover:
Overall:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails