Friday, September 24, 2010

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE SERIES

So here’s my list of my top 10 most favorite series so far. In time this list might change due to the book I will be reading in the future. So for the mean time, here are the books that consists my list. Lets start with number 10 going down to my top favorite. I used the book cover image from the first books in the series to represent the said series.

10. Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare – At present this series is consist of 3 books and more books to come. It has lots of action and adventure. And I love the forbidden love twist in the plot. Most of the mythical creatures mingling together  into the story that comprises the story line. And Jace is way hot.

9. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan – This series is consist of 5 books.  I love Greek Mythology. It was first introduced to me during my high school days. Percy Jackson and the Olympians revived those ancient stories into a modern way.

8. Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull – this series is consist of 5 books in total. It’s supposed to be for kids. But I guess it can also be read by teenagers and adults. Why wouldn’t I love it? It’s about faeries and other sorts of creatures I haven’t met before. Plus the Sorenson children were cool, possessing those powers.

7. House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast – At present, it consist of 7 books and more books to come. The authors  wants it to be a huge series. It’s a vampire theme series, and I love the series its way cool. The tattoos and those gifts that Zoe possesses. Except the cussing, I’m not cool with it.

6. The Immortals series by Alyson Noel – This series will consist of 6 books. As of now there’s 4 books published and I’m still waiting for the 2 book to come out. At first it’s like Twilight with a twist except it’s not a vampire themed series.

5. Fallen series by Lauren Kate – As of now Fallen is the only book out on the market and there’s still 3 more books expected to come out. The second book titled “Torment”, will be out next week, September 28 so I’m so excited about it. For me it’s the next Twilight although it’s about fallen angels. Unlike Twilight with a predictive happy love story, in Fallen, it’s forbidden.

4. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer – It consist of 4 books in total. A lot of people might ask me why is it in number four. Well, I’ve read a lot of books, and a lot of them surpassed Twilight according to my judgment. But I still love the plot, its healthy to have a cheesy love story sometimes. But you know what? Its one of my addictions and I love to collect Twilight stuffs.

3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – It’s will be 6 books in total and fans are quite excited for the final installment that will be published in December.  I love how it was written with those unexpected twist and the astounding characters. Specially Rose Harthaway, whose a kick-butt tough Damphir girl who can strike a lot of strigois. And also I love the unpredictable love story in it. Most of all I love Dimitri. 

2. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins – Obviously it’s a trilogy so it consists of three books. It’s a breath taking story. I’m pissed at these books, it kept me awake for not just one night but the entire week. It’s because I can’t stop reading it and I’m curious what will going to happen next and I can’t sleep simply because I’m thinking of it. It’s a phenomenon, and I’m excited to see the movie.

And finally for the number one spot……

1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – It’s the phenomenon among the phenomenon lolz.  It’s plot is quite amazing and among the other great books I’ve read, it never surpassed this series. How else can I describe this series? Rowling did an amazing job doing these books that will be history. I love you Harry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails