Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BOOK BREAK!

Book Break is a topic I will be posting here on my blog that’s not about book(s). It’s about other activities I’m indulging in when I’m apart from the literature world. Although it could also be book related like Movie adaptations TV series based on a certain book. Mostly it will contain movies, TV series reviews and gushes and other healthy activities that you would find out soon.

          So my first Book Break is about GLEE.


Yeah, you heard it right, I’m a Gleek. I’m so obsessed with this TV series at Fox channel, since the first season and I uploaded their songs on my phone and I keep on playing them. It reminds me of my high school days where I’m a member of Glee club, and honestly I’m a big Loser in our school (Yeah that’s true).  Like the casts of Glee, they‘re the outcast and called the capital “L” for loser and don’t forget the colorful slushies being thrown at them.
News had been carried here in the Philippines about the hype of this TV series and it became the buzz here since our very own Charice joins Glee. During season 1, it’s only a few of us among my friends who are discussing about this TV series, and some are not interested to watch it. But since the news was being passed over one mouth to another, that Charice will be joining Season 2 of Glee, in one minute every one is talking about it and waiting for season 2 just to watch Charice.
The hype became intense when we get to watch the premiere episode of Season 2 ("Auditions") where we get to see Charice, a Filipino exchange student, rival to New Direction’s star Rachel Berry. Well it’s the headline of the news and it’s the primary topic in Twitter and Facebook and everyone is posting a video of Charice singing Telephone with Lea Michelle. And right now everyone is waiting till the next episode of Glee (which be in a few hours) and the next episode where we get to see Charice again.
Who says this post is not book related? In fact it is book related. Right before season 2 hits the screen, a book titled Glee: The Beginning by Sophia Lowell has been published.

 
Calling all Gleeks!

Get more of your favorite characters in this official Glee prequel!

All great performances deserve a warm-up! Enroll early at McKinley High--before New Directions was even a glimmer in Mr. Schuester's eye. When did Rachel first decide Finn was more than just a jock? When did Puck and Quinn start their secret romance? And how did the fledgling Glee Club function without a fearless leader? Hint: It wasn't exactly a perfect melody. 

Break out the gold stars and refill the slushies: It's time to find out what happened to all your favorite characters before the show-mance began.



So if you’re truly a Gleek, grab this book and start reading it to find out more behind the stories that’s being cut from the TV show. I also want to have this book, but its currently out of stock in the local bookstore. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails